The Text as Data Association was founded in 2015. It is concerned with the development and application of computational, quantitative methods for social scientific and humanistic inquiry into human behavior.
The association is open to members from any field of inquiry, academic discipline, government or industry. Our goals are to
- promote and advance the understanding of text-as-data across academic disciplines, policy communities and industry.
- provide research, educational and career resources to the text-as-data community.
- facilitate communication across the text-as-data community and beyond.
- hold an annual conference—“New Directions in Analyzing Text as Data”—bringing together academics and others to discuss developments in the field.
- describe and promote best practices for text-as-data education and research.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please go to our Join page and follow the instructions there.